Sunday 18 September 2011

Making spaces



I love this roman blind! Avalon Organics fabric, paired with white waffle for my almost finished bathroom.

It was a labour of love. 5 months of slowly plodding away every now and then ( the perfect winter project! ).




There were so many hurdles - I got lost in the fabric, sewed some slightly wonky lines, and cut the lining the wrong width! Ahhh, the challenges of a good sewing project to get your teeth into!

The pattern was found on a google search at this site http://uktv.co.uk/home/stepbystep/aid/145. It's a simple easy to use pattern - I recommend making the casings 10cm wide as opposed to 5 though, or you won't fit the doweling in.





Hubby and I had some fun working out how to attach it to our window - we ended up using curtain brackets turned upside down, and drilling the top piece of doweling into the bracket - this gave it some room to hang away from the window.




A very satisfying project! This fabric matches the cushions I have on my couch - beautiful fabric again from Avalon Organics!





No comments:

Post a Comment