Sunday 4 September 2011

Camping...





What the world gave back to me...

This weekend, was bird sounds so deafening...
Cascading water so thunderous...
Sunlight so bright and reflective off the pools of water...


That I had to close my eyes...
The little one's stopped jabbering, and stood in awe, listening...
And the sounds were so loud, that I couldn't even
hear my thoughts ( the most perfect, easiest meditation ever! )

And in the tent the next morning, little Missy sleepily climbed in beside me, snuggled her cold little nose into my neck, and curled up in a ball.

Thinking she had nodded back off ( as it was only 4am! ) I smiled as the Kookaburra's started laughing cheekily from the trees ( most likely at me, as I was the only one in the campground awake! ), and the ducks quacked their response, and then the wildlife orchestra began. Then Missy slumbily mumbled "The birdies are so noisy..." then she gave a little giggle and snuggled in deeper. And I cuddled her a little closer, as I realised that her awareness and connection with Mother Nature had just begun.

No comments:

Post a Comment